Sunday, April 13, 2008

Meaty Vege

I used to think tat it's a big waste tat the Old Testament, or Torah for the Jews, forbids the eating of pork n sea creatures tat do not hav fins or scales. But recent readings pointed out the reasons n they're for the benefits of health. I can't really forgo all the good food, i mean think roast pork, deep-fried pork ribs, dumplings, crustacean baked with cheese, wanton, cockles... m thinking of my yummy curry meehoon yesterday at Uncle Chong's with lots of cockles...yum yum..
But seriously, prawns etc r pretty bad for health looking at their bad cholesterol n their feed. My dad used to eat lots of them even after curing from his first cancer. Plus, u hear all those pantangs abt prawns, lobsters, cockles.... they ain't called pantangs if they're baseless.

Guess the smart thing to do is to eat moderately. I try to lessen meat diet too since acidic body does invite a lot of illness to the body, which is a very hard thing to do totally. And eating good food in smaller portions, many meals a day. (I used to stuff myself silly during meal times cos js too enjoy eating. Restrain, restrain) Tho tis can only be done on non-working days, n on self-disciplined non-working days...hmmm... guess the keyword here is DISCIPLINE. Of course, gotta restain from drinking too much coffee too. Js green/black tea or lemon drink.

Surprisingly, i actually begin to enjoy vegetarian food nowadays, which btb, just found tis very nice lei-cha-fan eatery near my place. Used to think it's gross judging from it's very-green look but not anymore. Ok, gtg. Time for some organic soya drink n 2 portions of fruits. Discipline.

3 comments:

Cruel Angel said...

We are getting old...

I feel my body getting weaker when I eat too much meat and other stuff.

Unlike younger days when I can just pu anything inside it!

chongerin said...

just drop me a line if u wanna check how discipline u are :p

CK said...

haha... and by the way, who check u pulak erin?

moderate is the way to to